• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Nightmares

Divinity

Greenlighter
I wasn't sure where to post this but if this isn't the right forum than mods, please feel free to move this. :)

Okay so I have been having nightmares for the last month every night. One that i remember is that I am shot and feel the different stages of death. Then afterwards I go into limbo and feel so alone and the only person that can see me is my boyfriend, but he can't feel me, if that makes any sense?

Then the one i had last night was of me and my boyfriend together. We were laying down and throughout the dream he has sex with a girl right in front of me, and i can still see it visually in my head. It is still disturbing me, and i can't even look at him the same.

All my nightmares don't have too do with my boyfriend though, those are just the ones that are the most clear to me.
Can anyone please offer me advise or possibly a sight to help. My boyfriend says it may be some subconscious struggle I am dealing with but I really want them to stop because i wake up wanting to cry every morning!:(

As for professional help, I don't have the resources to attain that atm.

Thank you. :(

a) try changing around aspects of your before-bed routine. If you don't read before bed, try it, and if you do already, try stopping. things like that. Try meditation.

b) it sounds like you do have a buried fear of separation from your boyfriend. IMHO, "professional" help is overrated. It seems that the best thing for you would be to talk about it with people including your lover. Again, meditation can't hurt.

keep us updated! Good luck!

I also have extremely vivid night terrors involving my boyfriend! The only ones I can clearly picture involve him, and I continuously have dreams about him cheating on me or leaving me or anything horrible. I suffer with you, and so does my boyfriend with yours. I also will look at him differently forever because of some of the dreams I've had about him. I feel they stay with me. Good luck :(

Are you taking any new medications or even just eating a new food? There are a lot of medications that have nightmares as a side effect.

Otherwise its probably something subconcious and, as someone mentioned earlier, just talking about them can help.